View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 06:49 PM

scott, are you wearing your cranky pants today? There is so much negativity in this thread, i can't even believe it! Especially knowing that for the most part this sport is made up of a bunch of laid back, level headed guys.

Danny's post about the tags/signs working at EB, SW, lassing, etc. was totally on the mark for me. I don't think that anyone suggesting a tag system thinks that it will be a solution to people riding in swim areas or near surfers. Places like east beach and the skyway are places where riders of all skill levels congregate. People like Jay and Alex all the way to joe schmoe who bought his kite off ebay.

The tags/signs were designed specifically for those launches, not the gulf beaches and to address specific problems, not a solution to every issue we'll face. Alex-great call on the WSW preparty. that was a good representation of our local "regular" riders.

Scott- if you choose to wear your tag up your ass maybe you should head over to the backside more often. I think most people can tolerate a luggage tag attached to their harness. Lets show each other some RESPECT both on the forum and at the beach. That should be a great first step for all of us.