View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Here is the first GoPro HD UW video that I've seen. Viz. isn't the greatest and there is some compression loss, still it looks pretty good. I was worried some of the WIDE attibutes might not be present in the HD despite the better resolution, so far so good! I hope it will be insane in blue water. Have some arriving in early December I hope, will know more soon.

NOTE: the image resolution on the HD and WIDE cameras is limited underwater. This is likely do to issues with the dome port underwater vs. in air. With the WIDE the unusual shooting qualities allowed the limited resolution to be overlooked. Still evaluating the HD which still seems to have UW issues.

"Freediving at Vouliagmeni blue hole (pigadi) in Greece with a friend. Shot on gopro hero HD @ 720p."

p.s. - bizarre karst feature!

Just found another one, this time SCUBA diving in Norway. Note to self, if I ever come back as a flounder, stay out of the fjords!

and one free diving with a whale shark off the west coast:

just heard about another one involving a white shark cage dive. have some surreal imagery here.

and in the "odd fish" category, we have Kinsley Wong, actually his fish, not Kinsley from Cozumel.

Videos shot with the NEW GoPro HD camera

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 12-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.