View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:11 PM

Quotes, how do you take this? I also remember hearing, first hand one persons take on LBS a year ago and what they hope would happen.

"It was probably one of my buds around here. That my good friend in the pic though. Honestly XXXX, you are not going to get any good response from the kids here in Fort Lauderdale. The more beaches here that get "shut down" , the less the rules become. Everyone here sees it as this. If FTL beach is a no kite zone, then no one is on there toes ready to **** with kiters.... So for us/them kids, it's not really a problem. They will always be nice slicks infront of private hotels, down near our port, and other little secret spots."

"FTL kids see a ban to be a way to get the "kooks" away. Off the top of my head, riding here for the past 6 years, I can think of one kid that spoke up to his friends about "breaking the rules kiting" and that is because his dad kites. He knew that if it would be banned his dad wouldn't ride here anymore. As well as kids go, I dont think a ban will every stop them. I remember going through phases where kids would do downwinders just to get the ATVS to start chasing them, and watch them haul ass until the end of there jurisdiction. This kept happening over and over until finally a cop boat came out and slammed some kids.
Next cold front, everyone was back out."