Thread: Vacation ideas?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 05:58 PM

Uh, all of the women in my family don't kite yet we have a family reunion there every year. You just need to look around and find things to do. The reason that probably didn't happen Steve-o is because you were so obsessed with kiting while you were there! There are wild horsesin Corona, there is jockeys ridge, the wright brothers memorial & hang gliding lessons in the Kitty Hawk/Kill Devil Hills area, camping, several lighthouses to tour, Oregon Inlet if she would enjoy catching some Blue Marlin, Mahi-mahi, Tuna, etc on a charter boat for a day, you can visit the Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge, there is golf if she is a golfer, visiting Okrakoke Island via the ferry, there is great shopping, and as for diving, http://www.allgetaways.com/view_dest...nid=XFA055-019

http://thecoastalexplorer.com/OuterB...89&intAdID=964

That is just what I could think of off of the top of my head.

No, you won't be in the tropics but who would expect to be in Hatteras? If you are going there with the expectation of having a lei put around your neck when you step on the island then you are being unrealistic. My family has been going there for 35+ years instead of to the Caribbean for just that reason, because there is something for everyone to do and it never gets old. So to answer your question, yes I read the post. Just because someone likes to snorkel doesn't mean they will never vacation in Alaska, the reason people vacation in different places is so that they are able to experience new and different things...

But if it is not for you and your wife then that is cool. If I was not mistaken, the title of this thread was "Vacation ideas?" and you were looking for IDEAS. That is all my first post was doing, throwing out an idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
Toby,

Not trying to bicker here but think about Hatteras from a girls point of view that doesn't kite. Redneck Riviera ring a bell. He is trying to keep the girl happy and give himself some options as well. I completely understand where he is coming from. Doesn't the snorkeling suck in Hatteras? Call me an ass for saying this....but do you really read these post???

Hatteras is great....but my wife was be bored to tears....I took her there once....and she has no interest in going back. I think the highlight of her trip was the trip to the lighthouse.

Tell your girlfriend your thinking Hawaii.....now ya got her interest.....

I got tricks!!!!!

Last edited by toby wilson; 03-19-2008 at 02:43 AM.