View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 04:04 PM

Shallow water boat launch.
First off get your self a secondary anchor for the kite in case you need to use the boat, you'll need it eventually and for the boat make sure you have a big anchor on it. The kite will put extra drag on the boat.

I like to do this stuff with a stern anchor so I can use the bow to inflate the kite. I use a dive tank for this to make it quick and easy.

Inflate kite first and set off the boat with a line in the bridle or pump leash attachment. Then for the lines let the lines off the bar, check the direction of current so that the lines don't bound up in kite and boat. Once lines are out set the chicken loop to a cleat on boat and walk the bar out up side down.

So if riding with red on the Left, walk out bar with Red on the Right shoulder, and other back line on the Left shoulder. The center lines can be by your side if they have a swivel at the bar or let them separate around your waste.

once you've walked the lines out all the way keep the back lines over your shoulders and centers at the waist and take a few steps back to let the tension off and walk to the back of the kite. Hook the back lines on and then make sure the front lines go under the shoulders so not to cross them up.

Then self launch, let the kite be facing at and angle to one side on its leading edge and it'll drift till lines tension and launch. If you have a Cabrinha or Best, you can walk the kite to the end of wind window and it'll sit while you hook in to fly.

If you have any questions, you can message me or contact me at 305-879-0549.
hope this helps.
Later~Nick
thekitehouse.com