View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

World champion kite-boarder Kristin Boese and KB4girls kick off inaugural training clinic at Augusta, Western Australia, Jan 8-10, 2010

The KB4girls clinic in Augusta is organized in cooperation with WACK! (Western Australian Chick Kiters) and WAKSA (Western Australian Kite Surf Association).

TAMPA/LONDON/PERTH, Dec. 8: World champion kite-boarder Kristin Boese is launching first event of her worldwide clinic tour at the spectacular river location of Augusta, Western Australia.

The KB4girls clinic promises an exhilarating weekend of full immersion kite-boarding and recreation at the beautiful Augusta Rivermouth. Augusta is situated at the most south-westerly point of Australia is one of the most popular holiday areas where the Indian Ocean and Southern Oceans meet.

Kristin said: “The event in Augusta/Western Australia will be a great one to kick off the KB4girls’ tour. The spot in the Augusta River mouth is perfect with its shallow and flat water. It makes it easy for the girls to try to learn new tricks. It will be a lot of fun to spend a long weekend with the female kiters of Western Australia and I am very much looking forward to an awesome event and the official kickoff of KB4girls!”

While female kitesurfers of all levels and ages are invited to join the non profit KB4girls Augusta event it looks like the talent level will be quite high as a few of the registered riders are looking to learn some very advanced manoeuvres. However a gamut of tricks will be covered and in order to be able to give all participants attention, no matter if they want to learn their first jumps and rotations or their first handlepasses, a co-trainer will be on hand.

"I am very happy to announce Fiona Wedenig as my co-trainer for the event in Augusta. She is not only a great person but also has a lot of experience teaching kitesurfing as well as competing and will be a great support on my side." says Kristin.

Fiona competed from 2001 to 2004 on the kitesurfing world circuit and has been a fellow contender with Kristin. The two have forged a friendship that will now work to the Australian girls’ advantage as they will benefit from having two world class trainers for the event.

With demo-gear from Best Kiteboarding and the KB4girls tour rash-vests from DaKine the girls will be equipped with only the best products and will be able to push themselves to the next level.

WAKSA, who also supports the KB4girls event in Augusta is the representative body for Kitesurfing in Western Australia and is committed to keeping the sport safe and protecting local beaches. Additionally WAKSA supports female kiters in Western Australia through the WACK! group and a partnership with both came naturally for Kristin.

Nicolea Paul, WACK! network co-ordinator said: "We are very excited by the opportunity that Kristin Boese has created for WAChickKiters! and other girl kiters around the world, to come together on the water and learn some of the tricks of the trade from someone who is so accomplished. All of us are really looking forward to getting down to Augusta in January - roll on the New Year!”

“Kristin’s generosity in constantly wanting to encourage and teach other women kitesurfers around the world gives us an amazing opportunity to learn new skills from a world-class female athlete. I am really looking forward to the chance to tap into her unique wealth of knowledge and kiting tips - and I’m sure I am not the only one.”

Evelina Vasilas, participant in Augusta clinic is anxious for the fun to begin, saying: “I have been looking forward to the Kb4girls clinic in Augusta for months. It is such a beautiful and ideal place to learn new tricks and to do this together with a professional kitesurfing chick is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I can’t wait.”

Aaron Sales, Editor of Kiteboarding Magazine, commented that Kristin, through her clinics and outreach with the media “is doing a great job promoting our sport.” This reflects on kiteboarders around the world and inspires interest.

Registration for the KB4girls event in Augusta/WA closes December 22 and is limited to 30 participants so sign up fast to secure your attendance and fine-tune your ride. It will be a great experience for everyone that wants to learn much more about all facets of kite-boarding.

++++

EVENT: KB4girls in Augusta / Western Australia

PLACE AND DATE: Augusta Rivermouth, Turner Caravan Park, January 8 to 10, 2010

FURTHER INFO: Minimum requirements for participation are the ability to kite independently and go upwind as well as the supply of your own equipment. Every participant needs to have kite insurance and is responsible for herself.

ACCOMODATION: for this 3 day events most participants will need accommodation, a limited number of campsites are pre-booked and further information can be found on the registration website at www.kb4girls.com.

REGISTRATION CLOSES: December 22, 2009

CONTACT FOR KB4girls/AUGUSTA:
mail@kristinboese.com
+61 44 744 2338 (AUS)
www.KB4girls.com
Twitter: KB4girls/ kristinboese
Facebook : KB4girls / Kristin Boese

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi