View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 03:39 PM

Hey everyone, I just joined this forum because of what has been happening in the past two days. My name is Alex Moore and am of the triton brethren. The initial comments regarding PaG are obserd. They were absolutely threats of getting an organization shut down. An organization may I add that has dedicated its existence to spreading the sport of kiteboarding in a safe way to all who want to try. All so that you "core" can claim to "care about the common good of all riders" by threatening to try to get a progressive, educational club shut down. I do agree we should not ride near people who are not comfortable with the sport. However I would like to point out that the five houses in front of that beach are college rented houses and most of those in the water were the friends of the riders. While riding that day I also had never recieved so many friendly and supportive comments from those bathing on the beach that actually wern't college and high school kids. It felt great riding into the beach and having three different mothers approach me, smiles glaring, asking me how long I had been riding for and when their kids would be old enough to try. Kiting near bathers is dangerous and a risk not worth taking. But when it happens once it does not need to be addressed like the yacht club trying to ban jet skis. Thank you.