Thread: WED ride
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Skyway Scott

We rode inside Sand Key park. No one seemed to care. I heard it is off limits.
It probably will be, next time

I don't think there are any "real" rules against kiting in there, but it does seem like on some days "they" will kick us out and on others they won't.
At one point I think there were six of us riding. The patrol guy drove up to Wolfie by the life guard station while Scott was taking a break and was talking to him (nicely) about any dangers of kiting, etc. Scott was saying how safe it was. I was standing immediately upwind of the security golf cart, with my kite in the sky. I debated faking getting dragged across the sand in front of him, and screaming for help, to see how the security guy would react (it would have been funny as hell) but opted to be more mature.

Just then, I saw Al-kite-ah coming out of the water and he was like "Scott.... watch out", pointing to the security dude.
He seemed a tad nervous.
I knew the security guy, or whoever it was, was there and seemed friendly, yet I still got worried for about a half a second when I glanced back at him.
Al and I got threatened with an arrest a few years back.. it apparently scarred us for life
Any time we have a kite up and an "official" comes by, we start to wonder and sweat a little.