View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 12:55 PM

Yeah I just got back from there too. I spent two weeks over there in Dec-Jan and had a great time traveling the country. I think Cabarete is a shithole though, it has very nice beaches but if you're not on the beach....you're in the shit. Wind was always 20knots+ when I was there, and laureleastmans is an awesome place to go hang out and ride. You should never pay more than 20 pesos for a motoconcho to get you around in Cabarete. They will charge you 50 or so because you don't know any better...but 20 is the going rate. Oh yeah, and those bastards drive very crazy. I saw one motoconcho run into a european girl and break her nose/arm! Food is not all that cheap..ESPECIALLY in Cabarete. I found myself spending as much or more as I would in the states for a meal with few drinks. If you want to eat cheap, you gotta find where the locals go....150pesos was considered a cheap dinner. Overall, Cabarete is an awesome place to kite, but from what some other tourists said..."it's just not what it used to be." I wish I would have kited in Las Tarrenas....beautiful over there and not touristy.