View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 04:57 PM

As important as weather conditions are, In reading this I'm finding that people continually blame this accident on the weather. The harsh reality is that yes this accident could have been avoided if proper precautions were taken, but even experienced riders sometimes have complications. You cannot bank solely on being safe based on your weather conditions, especially since it is something that is completely out of our control.

Great efforts have been made on the equipment front in order to improve safety of the sport and I'm sure there is still room for improvement.

For those who are experienced, if you were faced with question "Is there room for improvement with respect to making your gear safer, i.e. a better release system" do you really feel that all riders would say that the current system in place is perfect.

Self awareness of your surroundings is extremely important and in my opinion something that all trainers should spend a great deal of time in emphasizing. I also feel that people need to start thinking a little bit deeper from an equipment stand point on areas that can be improved upon i.e. guaranteeing your release when in a position where you have been immobilized - something like this could potentially prevent injuries while adding value to the sport.