View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay
What kind of trainer would you recomend?
TJay, this is only my unqualified opinion and I invite all criticism on this,

Look up some used kite sales sites for example, iWindsurf has a very good listing. Link to iWindsurf used kites Suggest you start with a 12-14m LEI to start with. Then depending on your weight, start with at least a 185cm (6') twin tip (TT) big wake board type, or if your'e 200lbs and up, a 7-8' directional, surfboard design will keep you going in lighter wind conditions. (for example, my boards range from 7' converted wave sailboard down to a 135cm wake style board. The 135 is the most fun, but unfortunatly, we don't have consistant enough conditions to use it all the time, so I get by with a 143cm, 185cm, and the big directional in lighter winds.

As a beginer preparing to get in the water learning to get the board planing, a safe combination is usually a big board and small kite.
Some may say, start with your hair on fire with big kite and small board, but I disagree. Yes, you'll progress to a big kite and small board, but it doesn't hurt to keep that small kite for nukin' conditions when you've got some experience.

Just so you know, as soon as you get going, you'll hate that little kite and want more power! That is the sign that you're on the downward slope of Kitesurf addition! :lol: As I said, when you move to that bigger kite, keep that little one stashed away for those rare 20-30mph days. You'll thank me for this advice, I promise.

Well, any comments from the peanut gallery? Let er rip!
- Dix