View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiar2000 View Post
I know there are numerous sandbars in Miami Beach(especially South Beach). Then, there are deep water places not that far away from shore. I,too, never seen a shark in Miami Beach. Im guessing they're afraid of the Spring Breakers...
Yup, I remember a couple years ago in Boyton Inlet that received no less than 50 sharks near shore... scarry stuff
-Danny
I spoke to Paul Menta down in KW tonight and asked if the spinners had shown up there. Apparently not at least not near shore. I guess the narrowing continental shelf and temperature gradient might concentrate the sharks closer to shore off Palm Beach County.

That is a slew of sharks that you saw off of Boynton Inlet. We may have had that much, perhaps more cruise by the beach within 20 ft. in Delray when I first arrived on Sunday. Interesting stuff and a bad time to have left your UW camera at home. I have so few good free swimming shark photos. I once found a spot on the first reef off Ft. Lauderdale where a bunch of free swimming sharks showed up over several dives. I think it was a former inlet some time in the past as there was nothing else noteworthy about the spot. The one time I took a camera out, no sharks. A manta ray did show up as a consolation prize though.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi