Site Admin

The final results for the race just went up:

1. David Ulloa 7:34 ... One Silent Submerge Scooter

2. Rick Iossi 7:54 ... One Apollo Scooter

3. Dean Vitalle 8:05 ... THREE Pegasus Thrusters

3. Greg Marvin 8:05 ... One Apollo Scooter

4. Marissa Wiganowski 8:06 ... TWO Pegasus Thrusters

5. Mitch Horn 8:22 ... TWO Hollis Scooters

For five laps or around 2100 ft. in 70 ft. of water in the Modified and Expedition Classes.

and

Michael Vivona 6:22 ... Seadoo

Lisa Mongy 6:23 ... Seadoo

Dustin Clark 6:50 ... Bladefish

For three laps or about 1275 ft. in the Recreational Class.

Scooters were broken down into three categories based upon whether it was modified (multiple thruster units), lower cost production unit (recreational class) or a moderate to high priced single thruster unit (expedition class).

David came in first traveling real fast on his Silent Submersion scooter, I came in second 20 seconds later with Dean and Greg coming in third 9 seconds after me with Marissa just a second after them. The three of us turned in the fastest over all times out of all the classes. Greg and I were on production single thruster scooters.

The concept is new, there are unforeseen challenges in many aspects of an underwater race, even finding out who completed all the laps and with what finishing time. Dave had to pour over multiple video recordings and still shots just to figure out things, which took time. I understand there will be multiple cameras recording folks as they pass the mandatory finish line. That should simply things and improve reliability over a single camera at the finish.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 09-23-2010 at 01:35 PM.