View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 PM

I second that. If you are riding either style kite in 8 knots and go down in deep water. Good luck on the relaunch. Add some inexperience to the mix, and its a recipe for disaster. Add some waves and current and well you get the idea. No bueno!!!!

Riding ultra light wind is all about keeping the kite in the air. Period. The main reason it makes it so tough to work with beginners in light conditions, IMO.

One final thought......Don't choke up on your knots thinking you will get more power in light wind. In fact, you will likely get the opposite effect of oversheeting the kite and causing the kite to backstall.

The Flysurfers live by this rule and actually get more powerful the less you pull the bar towards you.

Here is another great video explaining the tuning of a bar and the effects of not having a properly tuned bar. The info in the video I think can be applied to any brand kite.

There are so many folks out there that don't understand bar tuning, how its done, and the effects of a properly tuned bar vs. an improperly tuned bar.