View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 AM

I know that you are looking at a good down wind race, but.... it looks like this year might not be a great W or NW wind year. Do you have any locations that you can ride N, NE, or E winds? If so, maybe you could do some sort of long distance race in Sanibel or something. In looking at your site I noticed that you already have t-shirts, etc. It looks like you have some investment already so I just want to make sure that we can get something going for you.

I think everyone appreciates the efforts of those that are running events. While down wind races are killer, maybe you can do something a bit different that originally planned. I remember that we got "tampa bay crossing" shirts the first year of the race, but due to the conditions we really didn't "cross the bay". No biggie, everyone had tons of fun and the second year of the event was totally killer!

I was looking at google earth and saw that you have tons of options around the Sanibel cswy. It looks like you have good options for all winds. if you had to you could set a triangle race using natural or marine marks. i remeber racing windsurfers on the cswy for years. This is a great location. if you do opt to do a long distance like this, i would make the course a total length of 8-10 miles depending on the up wind.

At any rate, i hope you get your event off, but it looks like it will be bumping up against the Jupiter event soon. you may be ok given that you are both looking for different wind directions.

Good luck and i hope to see you on the west coast soon.

Kent