View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 AM

Hi Mr. Bottom,
Not all businesses here are "competitors"- your post came across that way, so that's why I feel it's important to clarify.
My interest is in teaching safely and keeping our beaches open to kiteboarding- that's common knowledge to most around here.

WSW is a great shop for sure, and I'm quite sure that they would recommend my training program, just as I would theirs. As an instructor for 6 years, I have had a great relationship with them and have taught many of their customers during that time.
In return, they have been a great source of gear and accessories for my students, and have also been a strong supporter of our non-profit organization.
Although I am no longer a part of Team WSW, our relationship is better than ever.

I am not so sure about them having instructors all over the county, though.

Last I heard, all WSW instructors were teaching in North Pinellas county and have made good progress in establishing guidelines for their spots.

As I am a south county instructor, my focus is following their lead for establishing guidelines at Ft. Desoto and Skyway launches, through TBKA.

If you happen to see any of the instructors you speak of, please let them know their participation is requested in laying out these guidelines.

BTW, Here's the link to WSW:
www.watersportswest.com

Happy Kiting!
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com