View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 09:12 PM

Default Race Update

Hey Everyone..I am glad to hear that a lot of people are coming to the Race, Thank-You very much...I did make a call to Yellow Cab today, and they told me, if you got a Cab from Cherie Downs and went to Vero Beach, one way, then it would cost 150.00..So that means that you should care at least that much money with you, to be on the safe side..The water temp will be in the mid 70's, but Me personally, I am going to wear a full suit, since I am going to be in the ocean for over 3 to 4 hours..Yes I will be doing this Race also, but I will not start til after everyone passes PAFB. That also means that I will be the last Guy coming in, so I am going to put a "Stop Time" on the Race. Rumor has it, that the Big Guns are coming to the Race, and they are trying to finish it in under 2 hours, Whow..With that being said, then I need to push the rest of Us to catch up..The window for the Race, time wise, will be two hours after the Pro's. If anyone can do it that Fast, then they are Pro's in My world..So the offical time for the race will end at 2:00, but wait, that does not been that you stop Kiting to the finish, that is just the Offical Stop Time. If I do not make that time, o well, I am in it for the long run. Remember everyone, this is the First Ever Downwinder on the Central East Coast, this far, and the first since 911 that anyone has had the offical "Go ahead" to cross in front of PAFB...Who cares all long it takes, its the point of beginning in this kind of Race..We will do the trophy event after 2:00, but not before I get there...lol..So to those who are waiting for Me to show up, be sure to have fun, drink a few beers for Me, I promise I will catch up, and be sure to show off your stuff in front of the Beach resorts..Freestyle Riding...