Thread: WIND!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 07:56 AM

Quote:
What time did the squall blow through yesterday roughly? Our squall in Delray never quite came together (about a 8 mph bump up) although it tried for a while.

When was your incident during Hurricane Katrina (date and rough time)? It came ashore in SE Florida at about 6:30 am on August 25, 2005. I would like to try to find the radar images for the time of your lofting. Glad you came through OK!
I'd have to say that squall line blew thru around 6:30 or 7pm. It caused a friend of mine to dump his kite, which blew a panel out. He re-launced it to make it back to the beach. A gust hit blew him down wind, with the wingtip panel blown out the kite didn't react normally and down it went into one of the rock groins (No more kite) totalled.

As for the Episode I had last year, I honestly can't remember the day or time that it happened( The winds were SSE and it must have been between 12 to 5pm'ish) *scratchingmyhead* I remember the events and that I searched for my board for Mmmm about 2 hours (Never to be found)

Ahhh well lessons learned threw experiance are always the best remembered.