View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 08:30 AM
tomstock

The new best quick release is foolproof also, it has the pin on the side of the chicken loop. The "grenade" swivel bar still has the death trap on it.

I agree with Rick, there is no way, zero, not possible, chance that i could have unhooked, because I tried. I remember briefly reaching down with two hands to feel that chicken loop pulled tight. It felt as solid as steel. No way I could have budged it even a centimeter or lifted my weight (times the amount of force pulling me) with two hands at my crotch.

The only reason pulling only the chicken loop normally works while standing on the beach is because the kite depowers when you pull the chicken loop. If the kite is already fully depowered (bar out) and you are still overpowered enough to be dragged and lofted, you are not going to dump any power by pulling on the chicken loop to unhook. It's already too late... add the factor of hanging from it with all of your weight and/or being dragged face first across the concrete and the chances of success are almost zero.

I would never suggest someone ride without a safety. You say the safety is a product of lawyers. Lawsuits are a product of injuries and fatalities.

Bayflite, bro, you're too cool to be taken out by bar without a QR. Get that thing fixed before mother nature proves you wrong. You can still be right with a QR, but if you're wrong without one you're in trouble.