View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Exclamation IMPT. - Threat To Access In NE Florida, Huguenot Park

There is a very important meeting in which your support is needed tomorrow in Jacksonville. The new management plan for Huguenot Park is being discussed and strong interests want to remove kiters from the park, permanently. This is the main riding spot for the Jacksonville area.

Just to let everyone know there is a huge push to remove kiters from the park. It is fueled by the local Audubon , Nature Consevancy and the other eco groups. The threat is real. The plan will try to restrict kiting to very limited areas or bann it completely. They are still pushing the picture of a kiter with Red knots flying around in the back ground as evidence that we are a direct cause of this birds impending demise. I am sure other birds will be mentioned but that is the one they are hanging thier hopes on. The issue of safety will be used for leverage and pushed hard by these groups as well. There is a political force that wants to use us as a bartering chip. Dont miss this meeting. It will be 7 PM at the high school. From 95 NB take the 9A exit toward Blount Island. Exit at Pulaski Rdand turn left. continue on Pulaski Rd until it turns into Sterret Rd. The high school is on the corner of Sterret Rd and Duval Station Rd. The meeting will be in the audutorium.

7 PM
First Coast High
Corner of Sterret Rd. and Duval Station
Jacksonville, FL
*** Thursday Feb. 28, 2008 (tomorrow) ***

It is about a five hour drive each way for me otherwise I would go. If you are closer, please pass the word, grab your kite buds and go to try to save this long time riding spot in NE Florida.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi