View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 PM

Default Hotel, Location to Race Site, etc..

Hey everyone, its me again, I have figure out how to use this forum, scary..to you Jayson, there is a place to stay after the race, Caribbean Court. this is the place that We will be holding the Trophy presentation and it is the finish line also...Google it...Vero Beach...google Cherie Downs, Cocoa Beach..If you can not find it, Rick does have a aerial photo of the Start site coming soon, and it will show more. I am getting emails about PAFB, and I have all the answers to give, but this why you need to attend the Skipper's Meeting Friday night or one hour before start on Saturday, which will be at 10:00, therefore the meeting will be at 9:00..Just to let you know, this Race is for experienced kiteboarder's and there will be no chase boat to help you, but all Lifeguards along the route are aware of the event.

Overall route of race, about 55 miles

Approximate starting line in area of:
Cherie Down Parks
8492 Ridgewood Ave, Cape Canaveral

[img][/img]
A view to the NE, may or may not have land wind shadow at this location depending on actual wind direction. Would be good to watchout for rotor and stalling kites on launch anyway.

Patrick AFB approximate 10 miles south of starting line. Aside from aircraft flying in and out, is there a real obvious landmark near the northern boundary that out of towners will easily remember and recognize from the water?

Sebastian Inlet, the only inlet crossed by the race

Approximate finish line in area of:
E Causeway Blvd & Highway A1a, Vero Beach, FL 32963 US

All the locations shown are approximations as I am not totally certain of your exact starting and stopping locations.

Approximate intervals between waypoints of race:

Start to Cocoa Beach Pier (stay 300 ft. away minimum) 1.7 miles
Pier to Patrick Air Force Base 7 miles
North to south distance along Patrick AFB 3.5 miles
Patrick to Sebastian Inlet 26 miles
Sebastian Inlet to finish 17 miles

Last edited by ricki; 03-18-2009 at 09:25 AM.