View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:56 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Todd. I also have quite a bit of experience in these waters. I was born at Morton Plant Hospital 23 years ago and have spent a large portion of those 23 years in the waters of this area, be it surfing, fishing, swimming, wakeboarding, or in the past year and a half, kiteboarding, which is why a red flag popped up when the words "NE wind, dunedin, honeymoon, and caladesi" came into the same sentence. Me personally, i think that outgoing current and the inherently gusty conditions would guide me to a different riding spot, but without a boat riding a NE north county is rather difficult, and your other choices involve lots of precious ga$ driving to less than favorable places in tampa bay.

Sometimes you just have to wonder what people are thinking, a 10 foot dinghy with a 6 month old child in a car seat??? Probly no life jackets either. That should be child abuse. A careful consideration of all weather and water conditions should be on everyone's mind before getting wet. We had 8 swim assists on clearwater beach on monday alone, 4 of which were patrons on rafts that paid no attention to a 15 mph offshore wind and mild outgoing current near the pier, despite posted warnings, and quickly found themselves further out than they could successfully swim back. Ignorance should be painful.....