View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 08:46 PM

Default Race update..

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to say, before I forget, I want to Thank Everyone that is trying to make this happen. This is what the Sport is all about, Team Work, Sportsmanship, and just Good "Old School" Kiteboarding...Thanks..

I do have an update on PAFB....They do not care if We go by in the Ocean..BUT..We are not allowed to Kite there because it is the Military..You can never Launch or Land there...period...This info comes from a "High Ranking" Officer..Just an FYI, since this is My backyard, per say, I do have contacts...lol...so with that being said, the race is "SO ON"...

The Race will start at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, and will end in 2 to 5 hours...he,he,he...Yes, I am writing this to the Guys who are going to smoke this, and to the people who, like me, are going to take longer...lol

There is going to be a lot of info to go over at the Skippers Meeting, so be sure to listen, and understand, because this is the first time doing this race.
Again, if You can make it, there will be a pre-race party, and We will do a Skippers meeting there, and one before the day the Race..If there are issue's at the Party Meeting, I will be sure to bring this to Everyone's attend at the Saturday morning meeting..So just bare with Me while I try and do the best I can to make Everyone Happy...Btw, this Race is All about having Fun and SAFETY...

If you are looking at the weather, like I have been doing, the winds are going to be blowing their butt off. So be sure to double check your gear the night before, and again the day of the Race, because there will be NO Safety Boat out in the water, unless the Coast Guard is called out. Be sure to have your cell phone and money with You in a water proof bag, just in case. Again there will be a lot of info to go over at the meetings, Friday and Saturday morning...

I will be sending out more info thru emails tomorrow morning...