View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I remember you're saying you messed up your shoulder. Didn't know both your elbow and shoulder were injured. Glad you got past it, you're too active to have to deal with that sort of stuff for long.

Thanks for the tips on your progressive rehab, they make sense. Lots of people have mentioned the poor circulation in the area being a problem with rapid healing. Didn't know about the plasma injects, we'll look into those. She's coping pretty well, hope it sorts out quickly.

Thanks again for your input. How did you hurt those areas anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kite House View Post
In december i dislocated my shoulder and elbow. I am lucky to have a good friend that is a doctor for 3 professional sports teams. He had them relocate my shoulder a special way as not to break the bone in the cuff. Needless to say lots of pain. To the point, i used rubber bands and low impact stretching and paddleboarding to get me back. Started will slow eay paddle, small strokes and worked up to longer stronger strokes. Let the shoulder freeze up and not move is bad, getting it moving again, massage, circulation of blood. The shoulder has bad circulation, some of the worst, plasma injections help blood flow and keep you from getting operated on and movement. Sup brought me back strong and safe......pain yes, but core work out from balance and strength of all mussels is the key. I am no Doc, but i am the result of a good one.....and i aint getting any younger...lol

aloha

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi