Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI
You beat me to it!

Ahhh haaa that I did :P :lol:

I had to race home to Lake Worth, Grabbed my gear. Checked the radar. That bummed me out, There was a cell just west of the beach moving east. So I packed it in my ride and HAULED azz back to Boynton Public. Hoping that the 7 miles I just travled south would give me that extra 1/2 hour of ride time.

As I'm booking it for the beach, I see a (single) kite in the air. I give the wave to Jeff from BESTKITEBOARDING.

I get my gear set up and ready to launch in record time. Land Jeff's kite and chat for a few to find out that he had been there since 4pm :roll: (it' now 5:40) He gives me a launch and off I go into my liquid relaxation. Wind held up for about 45 minutes and then that storm that had run me from LW. Sucked all the wind in that it was going to and it tappered off to maybe 10 knots.

Work really can get in the way sometimes :roll:
Yes, you did. We should race to call the wind alert more often. For one thing that means will have more wind and for another, more of us should grab water time.

I drove up to the inlet after your alert yesterday anxious to checkout some of those nice swells you can get up there. I arrived missed the swells, saw the outgoing tide, saw no one out (aside from Jeff at the park to the south) and figured next time! I was staring at that mass of clouds in the NW too while trying to dial in a radar loop on my phone. It didn't look all that encouraging, another reason to bear south. Sorry it stole the wind, still it was good for a while. It is great the wind has come up despite poor forecast twice in two days. Tonight I think will be a miss, soon though?

Yes, regular work hours can really take a toll on our high grade water time.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi