View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 04:10 PM

Default Pro-active approach to save our access

Reading the posts , I agree with the majority of what you guys are saying, and it looks like , at least you are aware of the problems that could arise in your area. My Hat,s off to you Steve O , for not selling that guy a kite, yesterday I had a similiar situation, I have a Thruster up for sale and I got a call from a guy in California wanting to buy it, the way he was talking ,it took me less than a minute to realise this guy had never kited before , after confirming this with him, I told him that the Thruster is not a beginner kite and that I would not sell it to him anyway and that what he should do is contact a local school and do lessons . After talking to him about the sport for a while he agreed and we said our goodby,s. An hour later the guy calls back (called me again by accident) and asks about a kite I am selling as he want,s to buy one. Point is some people will just not listen even though they agree with you.

Unmog Bob, you are also very right, a lot off problems that arise are from the good riders and the pro,s out there that are too good to follow safe kiting practices and set an example, there main focus is to be the center of attention, and who cares about the consequences , even though most of these guys are top riders, the newbie that is impressed and tries to imitate them is the one who is going to crash into an object or person , and ruin it for us.

Go big, but be responsible and set the example