View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 PM

Thanks to all who replied, the advice is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandelli
I would get a 4-5m trainer "C" kite, if and only if you have some one at your disposal that can show you how to fly it properly.
Have any recommendations as to what kind, Chris? Been looking at a Liquid Force trainer, since I've seen good reviews on their Assault kites, and also at a Best package offered here http://www.broneah.com/estore/index....&primary_id=70
Both are 3m but the LF claims to have "a more realistic feel. It gives the kite flyer the feel of the larger inflatable kites that you’ll be using once you’re ready to get into the water."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI
I learned how to kiteboard on my own almost 8 years ago at this point. The process came close to killing me, a few times. Today, there is no good excuse for most folks in Florida to risk going through that process again. Get good adequate lessons, you'll be glad you did for many reasons, even if it causes a delay in starting up.
Yeah, Rick, I've come to the realization, by watching certain videos and browsing some of the posts here, that kiteboarding can have a high danger factor for the inexperienced. I definitely plan on getting lessons; not too worried about a startup delay since it seems it'll be a while before the wind down in Florida cranks back up. But I'd like to get a trainer so I can be a little ahead of the game as far as flying goes.

I'm glad I came across the forum; for a while I was convinced that I'd have to go to the Keys or the OBX for instruction. The Panhandle is a lot more convenient to North Alabama.