View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Pass-A-Grille Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by TritonKiteboarding View Post
This Afternoon I walked out on to my balcony of my new beach house, and looked out to see that there was still no wind, but little swell. I asked if my room mate if he wanted to go on a paddle and he said he was down. After putting on a couple layers of sun screen and my biggest hat, I was headed down to the beach. My friend Stan and I started out are paddle towards the swim bouys then headed south toward the pass. The wind was starting to pick up so it gave us a nice tail wind to get some speed down the waves. Soon we got to the jetti and found that the current was ripping out. As we took the left turn inside the pass you could see dark shapes trying to swim up stream, but it looked like they were just staying in one spot. Since there was soo much current Stan and I stuck close to sand bar to avoid the deep water current. As we headed farther toward the sand bar I noticed an eddy in the current. The water made a small u and the headed toward the edge of the sand bar. This is when the work out really started! I hugged the shore line and started to head north. It was fun looking down under the docks to see all diffrent shapes of sheephead. By now I was up to the fish charters, there were alot of people sitting out on the dock about to go out on there own adventure. Is if things were not perfect enough a dolphin and its pod started fishing right in front of us. As we headed toward the PAG Marina the pod followed, a couple times they came in a paddle distance. By the time we got to the marina we agreed that we had to have a final race up to the bridge right next to SeaCritters. During the race people at the Warf started to cheer. By the time we finished the race we let the current drift us down to the marina. We walked the boards not even a block back to the house and called it a day.
Mike Hall
TritonKiteboarding.com

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi