View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

You are most welcome Dave, they are well deserved! Thank you for all the assisted launches, landings and great shots. I did like the way it pointed, it makes getting to the lighthouse easier. There was lots of light which always helps image quality. Still, I miss shooting at sunset which should change with the time change soon. The bar pressure was greater than last year's Switchblade which was quite light. I would still say the Velocity bar pressure if relatively light based on my one go with it so far. I have found it to be less of an issue in higher winds, less holding the bar in. I would be interested to compare bar pressure in stronger winds. No, I found reaching the depowering line fairly easy and was impressed by how reliably it engaged and disengaged. This used to be a major pain in the butt years back with early kites. I would assume grabbing the depower line in high wind wouldn't be difficult based on comments from Damo but have yet to try it myself. Rob Douglas and he were using this same system in the speed races in France in very high winds with good performance. He commented that the smaller line diameters made a huge difference in high wind.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi