View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 03:58 AM

Default Kiteboarding in the Middle East

I have been in Israel for the last month and a half and it is amazing! If you guys get a chance check out my blog at www.whereintheworldischase.blogspot.com It is windy over here! I brought my switchblade 8 and 12 along with my Cabrinah Custom 133. The spot that we kite during the summer is on the Sea of Galilee (actually a lake) located in the North East of Israel. Everyday thermal windy shoot down the valley and into the lake. Its like clockwork and it blows! 25+ for a solid 5 hours, EVERY DAY. I have been riding there in between touring around the country. Next week I am heading to Cairo to visit Bill Eastburn (Coach) and check out the pyramids. We are going to go to El Gauna and maybe some other spots while I am there. I am planning on staying in the Sinai region and kiteboarding other spots in the region. I was there a week ago and the place is sick! 15 Egyptian pounds for a hut on the water about 20 ft. from a coral reef. Thats roughly $3. Not too bad. Anyway, just thought I'd drop a line. Hope you all are not going insane with our lack of wind during the summer. I'll be thinking of you while I'm completely lit on my 8M... : )