View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

AJ just gave me a call with a summary of things. He spoke to various USCG, Air Force and related personal at five offices related to Patrick AFB and the area. He described the race, what is involved and verified there were no problems with the activity. All parties he spoke with said they didn't have a problem with the race going past the airbase baring landing there or loitering off the base.

AJ told me after the start he will drive down to the north area of the base where to the boardwalk and verify that kiters stay a reasonable distance off shore, several hundred yards or more and successfully get past the base. He will intercede with issues that arise but from current statements, there shouldn't be any.

This is AJ's deal, not mine, but it sounds like fun and seems to be ok with the authorities. NOTE: this doesn't mean it is OK to launch and kite off the base because it is not. Locals likely know this already from years past. He will provide a lot more detail in the party and Captains meeting.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi