View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 07:02 PM

Default Downwind Race

I was VERY concerned about the race crossing through PAB. I know that they do not want kiters there at all. I called A.J. and asked him about it. He seems to think it will be OK. But I am still very concerned about it. Especially since this is my backyard and not his.

Anyone participating in this race PLEASE STAY AS FAR OUT AS POSSIBLE! You do not want to be greeted by a helicopter and machine guns.

Also...It is SPRING BREAK. The beaches have been PACKED! I do not see how tons of riders are going to possibly launch from Cherie Down. We rode there today at like 3:00 and the beach was very crowded. The race is going to be on a weekend too! You couldn't possibly launch 40 kites there on a Saturday. Not to mention all the swimmers up and down the beach!!! PLEASE STAY FAR OFFSHORE IN COCOA BEACH if you do participate.

If you are in the Cocoa Beach area and need anything for the race...stop by the Ron Jon Surf School and check out the ONLY kite shop in the area by Good Breeze Kiteboarding. The Surf School is two blocks north of the main Ron Jon Shop behind the Pizza Hut. We are also doing a Kite, SUP and Surf Demos in the main Ron Jon Surf Shop on the next two Fridays (3/20 and 3/27) between 2-4. Ride safely and call me with any questions about Cocoa Beach.

Billy Bosch (386-235-9804)