View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 10:48 PM

Default Visiting Ft Lauderdale from North West

I will be in Pompano Beach and Fort Lauderdale for 10 days (starting December 8th) and I am bringing my gear. I am a beginner (but I am riding up wind). All my experiences were at the Gorge, so I never have been kiting in the ocean before. I researched a little bit about kiting at Pompano Beach. But I still would appreciate any input from any of you. If there is wind, should I just go to 16th street? Well, I am hoping to avoid renting a car and just try to use a bus. Can I count on finding skateboarders even during the week if there is wind? If some of you are regular there at Pompano, I would appreciate if I can connect with you. If you feel comfortable giving me your number that I can call you when I am in Florida and ask for the wind forecast and may be carpool if there is no wind in Ft Lauderdale and you will be traveling to other locations. If any of you are planning on going to flat waters in Key or Miami, I would really appreciate if I can join you (I will share the gas).

I also wanted to ask if there is any idea what the wind would look like next week? What I mean is I have 13m, 9m, and 7m and I am not sure if I should bring all three kites (I am 125 pounds). Many thanks in advance for any of your suggestions.

(503)4907888
Tatiana