View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Yo Rick....I was out 2/20 up at Stuart doing S-N downwinder 5 Miles from the feeding area of the Nuclear power plant. Two spinners (3') jumped out about 2 miles S of the plant about 15-20 feet away from my board. Then I kited near a 2 ft size on the surface and HE WAS NOT scared by my board noise or my shaddow. Next all I could see was Steve's face telling me to head to shore. My buddy on a strapless continued by the coward. Dangling his legs every once in a while doing board retreival.
Is there any way we as kiters can inform each other of the densities and locations of these migrations or is it so wide off the coast to be impossible?
We flew over the area the day before and spotted a hammerhead in the migration. Seems at W. Palm and South that the water is clear and you might see if you are in a dense sharkie area? Not having kited there I am not sure?
Next downwinder we started further S from the power plant. Not sure that it mattered as we saw 4 spinners jump from my condo at 5 PM. You can't see into the water at that spot.