View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 03:57 PM

Rick,

I agree. I am actually in favor of a total water start between a staff on the beach and a mark offshore, just like most sailing or windsurfing races. I belive that this gives the fairest start opportunity as well as a very visual start. I think that Neil is worried about recalling riders in the event that there is a mass of riders starting early or something similar. I really don't see this as a problem as there are sailing provisions for this, but I also want this to be as easy for Neil as possible.

I just got off the phone with Neil and we discussed making the water portion of the starting line a transit line between 2 staffs on the beach. Line them up from the water side and go. If we make the transit line run a bit NE instead of East, this will eliminate the benefit of starting way off shore. Thoughts?

I just don't know if they have a jet ski available. If so, it would just be a matter of placing a staff on the beach with a flag atop and a medium sized marker in the water with chain and an anchor.

I am only providing suggestions as this is Neil's baby. I am sure however that he is looking at a varitey of ideas and that input is appreciated. In any case, this will be another great XRATED event!

Kent