View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 PM

Thumbs up

Great Ideas Guys!!!
A skewed line properly set up should allow plenty of room for everyone. I know that a bunch of kites stuck up in the shorebreak (at high tide) trying to get out is a safety issue. Having the ability to spread out and space away from each other without pin or beach being overly advantaged would help ALL in getting away safely. I mean, this is a 60 mile race and being right on the line is not EVERYTHING like in a typical closed course race. We are going downwind or beam reach so...its not that huge. Getting everyone over the line without having guys get tangled up on the shore...well that seems huge. ...after 60 miles it will be skill/endurance/board/kite/combo that determine winner.....not necessarily the best start....bad press from a kite crash/tangle/mess right on the beach is something that needs to be avoided at all costs. I like idea of giving option to get off beach for start is a really good one....or the double option mentioned in your previous post.

I dropped off my entry fee to Neil today and he is smiling big. Beautiful day without any wind but positive energy going forward!! Awesome to have Neil organize this event!!! You can learn a lot at Tiki Beach even when there is no wind.....right Jay D? Awesome sport we got!! Need more representation in the old man category!! Common!!! race!!!