View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 05:57 PM

will be happy to work with you with the city , every time I have gone to the city I have had the courtesy to inform you and invite you to come with, I have also contacted as many other people and asked for their opinion and invited them to be involved. You declined because you told me I do not understand the "Bubba system" I have also asked you to include myself and some of the other local riders in these meeting,s ,but Paul you always have some excuse, the last one was that it was a "behind cloed doors meeting"

OK GREG, SO YOU CAN DROP THE EGO ABIT, MY MEETING HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR RIDERS, I AM WORKING WITH PAL(POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE) TO INVOLVE KIDS TO KITE ON THE BEACH AND PADDLE BOARD, THAT IS MY BUSINESS, SO YOU DONT NEED THE INVITE.

SECOND, I DON NOT LIKE THE WAY YOU APROACH THE CITY AND DEMAND OR WANT TO SUE, WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN QUOTED, SO I CHOOSE TO DISTANCE MYSELF, I RESPECT YOU, BUT DO NOT WISH TO BE LUMPED IN, I HAVE HEARD THIS MANY TIMES FROM THE BUBBA SYTEM YOU SAY.

My main concern is the preservation of Smathers as a riding area for all kiters , this includes making sure that no kiting company ,yours , mine or any others tries to get a licence to teach or run a kiting related business on the beach as this will ruin it for all the riders and is also unsafe. Another reason that I want to be involved is to protect my business interests, any decisions the city makes could affect my livelyhood.

YES I AGREE, FIRSRT THING YOU NEED TO DO IS NOT TO DO ANY LESSONS, BE IT SET UP OR ANYTHING ON THE BEACH. yOU JUST SAID ALL THIS, BUT I SEE YOU WITH STUDENTS ON THE BEACH TEACHING SET UP, FREE OR NOT THE CITY HAS STATED THIS IS DOING BUSINESS, SO THAT SHOULD STOP.
yOUR BUSINESS IS IN MONROE COUNTRY NOT KEY WEST , SO HOW DOES THIS AFFECT IT?

So I agree , we do need to be united and on the same page to look professional, and I have no problem working with you or any other persons, you can even be our spokesperson, and I am very happy that Rick is coming down as I value his knowledge tremendously. I will happily have a meeting with you to sort these problems out but , I will not be excluded when it comes to preserving the sport I enjoy. Paul you have my number or you can PM anytime so we can work on this together.If you decide you still wish to pursue this alone , I wish you the best of luck.

i CHOOSE RICK AS A NUETRAL, AS HE WILL BEST REPRESENT THE SPORT, NOT ME AS I LIVE THERE, BUT THEY ALWAYS ASK MY OPION AS I DRAW WORLD WIDE ATENTION TO KEY WEST FOR TOURIST REVENUE, DO FREE COMERCIALS ECT, THATS WHY WE JUST GOT ON THE TOP 50 OF THE NEW NATIONAL GEORGRAPHIC ADVENTURE, THE ONLY THING IS FLORIDA TO MAKE IT, NOT JUST KITE, BUT EVERYTHING.

i FEEL RICK CAN DO A PROFESSIONAL JOB UN BIAS, I HAVE KEPT THE BANS FROM HAPPING LONG ENOUGH, BEEN BLAMED FOR ALOT AND TOOK IT.

cOMES DOWN TO THIS, WE NEED THE RIGHT PERSON TO DO THE RIGHT THING, rICK IS THE ONE, NOT ME, NOT YOU OR ANYONE

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A PISSING MATCH, AND WHAT IS SAID ON HERE AND AT THE BEACH SEEM TO BE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS AS ALWAYS

I HAVE ALWAYS KITED THERE, I ALWAYS WILL...THATS A PROMISE