View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 02:32 PM

Default nude beach - loss of Smathers

Yesterday I had a nice telephone conversation with one of the naturists(Allan), they are aware of us and were even going to come and talk to us the next time they saw us, however like most people not involved in the sport , they have no idea regarding how much of a riding and beach area we need.( He thought we only need about 150 ft for ourselves) I told him we need more than that on the beach, and quite a lot more in the water where we actually ride and asked if myself and some other kiters could join them for their meeting to discuss the situation. I also said that I do not speak for all the kiters and some of the other riders or even some of the naturists might have different ideas on the subject, but that this would be a good way to start to set some boundaries up. Allan said that we are all welcome to attend this meeting to voice our concerns.

The meeting is this Friday evening at 6 pm at the East end of the beach, myself and a few of the other riders are going to attend, this is an open meeting, anyone who wants to can attend and have their say , just be polite and respectfull, remember this is not a protest.

Greg Meintjes