View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 PM

Default Crap

I think all this is ridiculous. Why would you want to strangle us with all this talk of getting the authorities involved? Preventive or whatever, and having them regulate us? Friggin crazy…Stupid and ill thought. If you want to be so regulated and excessively safe go to the water park in Orlando and ride around in circles for hours.

You cannot compare our area with Miami or FT Lauderdale. Ricks and Neils problems are far worse than ours will ever be. We do not have the attention or population on our beaches. I ride outside and inside the markers and will continue to do so, because I am aware of my surrounds and will not go near people in the water or on shore. I fear it. This should be common sense. And I KNOW most share this common sense. Honestly, how many bystander casualties have you heard of in this area, ever? Non-to my knowledge, and that shows that most of us are conscious of safety, and that we are doing something right. Most of our worries lie with new kiters, the occasional kook, and launching and landing our kites. None of which riding out side the markers will help. Its really a handful that are on some self righteous mission to regulate the entire community because a noob made a noob mistake and got dragged or lofted or just banged up or just did something plan stupid. There is nothing we can do about a wannabe who bought a kite off eBay.

All we can do is put the word out that lessons are as important as a kite, and that is when Randy, Steve O, Eckerd’s and the rest of the local instructors who have an obligation to our community for their part in instruction of safety and related matter. Sorry but there is a risk you take in this game when starting out, and thru ones kiting life, and regulation aren’t going to help that. Shit is going to happen regardless of what kind of regulation you are trying to shove down our throats. And expect for a few choice spots, we are not endanger of losing anything atm. Which also says something. We could us people like Scott, Tom and Steve 0 Steve and the few others that are active in promoting kiting when our access is threaten, and to be our spokesmen when or if some kook or kitemare does threaten our access. But all this getting the authorities involves is not the answer and you are pissing on the freedom this sport offers. Do use all a favor and back off the “let the authorities regulate us crap.” Help out, advise new kiters.