View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
Jay,

Good points, but if you think being lit in 10 knots is still light, you really need to try some new light wind boards. Any decent LEI or RAM will do this. I guess that in the end, maybe there is no difference because the board is really the largest factor.
I agree with Kent on this. I think the board is more important than the kite in light winds. I also think his "money talks" approach to Foil vs. LEI is more than valid. If Foils were better, it seems they would win and riders would use them to make money winning. Sort of end of story (at least for racing purposes, maybe not free ride as Jay alluded to).

I am of the opinion that all kites are getting pretty darn good these days.
Seven years ago, some kites truly sucked, and others just sort of sucked.
There was a "suckiness differential" worth knowing about in deciding on which kites to purchase. Now, it seems most kites are pretty good. I personally am more apt to make a kite purchase decision based on customer service/warranty reputation these days when it comes to buying a kite. Anyway.... just my opinion.

Kent, what is one of the "best" light wind/race boards out there for your average joe (not looking to win a race) - but for "mowing the yard"/ sightseeing the girls on the beach in 7 to 11 knots?

I was just looking at Alex Aguera's new boards on YouTube. Seen some others as well. He claims he can easily go upwind in 7 knots on a 13m Xbow.
I met Alex several years ago in St. Pete (as you know, he's from St Pete) and liked him a lot, and trust his word.

Thanks for any inputs.

Last edited by Unimog Bob; 02-03-2010 at 10:55 AM.