Thread: up North...
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 09:21 PM

Default up North...

Hey,

Found kiteboarding on the internet about a week ago, and I can't stop thinking and researching the sport. I am glad just to have found this forum to ask some questions I am uncertain of.

Before I get into the sport or consider buying any gear, I will be taking lessons. From what I have read so far, the forum deals mostly with kitesurfing. I would love to do kitesurfing, but unfortunately, central Canada is not the best place to do so. But when I heard of kitesnowboarding, I knew I wanted to get involved.

Main questions would be:

1) When buying the kite for kitesnowboarding, what kind of kite would you recommend? I am also considering trying out some lessons on the lakes next summer, so I also wanted to know if certain kites can double up for both the winter and summer sports?

2) When you are on a lack kite surfing, do you plan on not coming back to your launching point? For example, if you are kayaking down a river, you plan your exit further down the river, so do you do the same for kite surfing - planning to end up at some other part of the lake?

3) Side question, any one know of any good kitesnowboarding spots in the Alberta area up in Canada?

Sorry for the lenght of all of this. All responses are greatly appreciated. I will be buying a smaller trainer kite some this week to practice some kite control.

Dominic