Thread: up North...
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 10:37 PM

Hey Rick,

I know this is quite the late reply, but just wanted to say thanks for all of the info. I ended up taking a lesson up here in Edmonton from this great instructor who turned out to be the sole distributor for Flysurfer in Western Canada, and I must say, kiteboarding was everything and more than I could have ever expected. On snow, it is unbelieveable, and I can't wait to try it on some of the lakes out here. I have gone out a few times already and it continues to get better, as I do also. I decided to go with a Psycho III 13m from Flysurfer for my first kite which I'll probably buy end of December.

I was doing some research on this site, and I was unable to find any threads on how to get some air - I don't plan on trying anything until I am very comfortable with the kite and board - but I was unable to find any threads. I have an idea that it involves moving the kite from say 1 to 11 when you are heading in the 1 direction (if that makes any sense).

If you know of any good links or posts on this forum that would help, it would be great!

Dominic