View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks for the report, hope to learn more soon.

The last time I heard them which has been a couple of years in the past, the rules for Deerfield consisted of:

1. No launching or landing from any guarded beach. If you have to make an emergency landing, it would be ideal if you came ashore holding your kite's leading edge, lines wrapped up or better still deflated and rolled up, with lines wrapped up in either case.

2. Stay well beyond 100 yards from shore while riding, double that would be better. Do not ride close in among bathers or with your kite over the beach.

3. Launch and land well to the north or south of the guarded beach and avoid the small, groin cluttered unguarded area in the middle of the beach.

4. Work hard to not annoy the condo residents to the north and south of the guarded beach. If there are problems, this is one of the more likely places they will start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyKeegs View Post
Talked to a couple guys launching north of deerfield pier today. Said that 16th Street was only place left in Pompano. What are deerfield's rules anyways? I was told the trouble started from one lone condo commando in the Century Plaza condo just south of 14th street. My 90 year old grandmother lives in that building and she used to sit on her balcony for hours watching the kiters I think the retirees don't want a repeat of the parasailing accident that happened awhile back. 2 teenage sisters crashed into a building just south of there. I forget the details, but one died and the other was critical.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi