View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Went to the SE Winter Sports Show in Ft. Lauderdale tonight. It is still running this Saturday and Sunday. Anyway, lots of great deals on ski, snowboarding gear and clothing. Picked up some Descente shell ski pants for $39. down from $180. and my wife scored some Spyder ski pants for $50, Hot Chillie undies for $15./piece, lots of great prices as always. There are the normal ski areas exhibiting along with a favorite, Alpine Adventures. These folks run great and incredibly reasonable packages (around $1200. for land and air) to the Alps even with the weak dollar.

Also, I got to meet a personal favorite from over the years, Glenn Plake! If you've watched Warren Miller flicks or RSN TV in the resorts you have seen the mohawked extreme skier for years. He really is a nice, lower key guy than you might think. I think he may be there over the next couple of days at one of the booths.

I asked him about extreme skiing in Chamonix, he has a place over there. We also talked about kiting/windsurfing on tape. We'll put that up soon here. Lots of wind in the forecast but if you want to hit the snow, need some stuff and can break away it may be worth a visit.

A commercial featuring Glenn going off in green on white

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 10-06-2007 at 07:59 AM.