Thread: Updates
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Vince, thank you for joining the coalition. New development; you are the first to know, and great that you asked how you can help. I got a call today (Sunday), from Jon Thaxton. George and I are going to meet with him tomorrow. He was calling to see if I could change our appointment for tomorrow. Turns out, his secretary penciled me in on his schedule on Friday when I called but forgot to call me back to let me know. Talk about lucky!, (that he couldn't make it happen). Again, timing seems to be on our side.

What I MOST need, is a "no brainer" comprehensive/complete list of ALL interested parties. Ideally, this would be a list of SKC members but until such time as an individual signs on I still would like to afford them access to what has and is going on to help them in the informed decision making process of whether or not they want to be on board. There are a lot of people that I have not copied or contacted at all due to lack of contact info. Woody, Dieter, Taylor,Svetan and his buddies, the list goes on and on. There are a lot of us now.

If you or someone you know could take on the job of contacting everyone that you or they know of who was not at the meeting and therefore has not yet been afforded the opportunity to join; if they want to add their contact info to the list and or join the coalition is the question. If you can get me info on anyone else who cares to fall into one of those categories; info. recipient or info.recipient/coaliton member; THAT would set my mind at ease and I can direct my full attention to the other matters at hand.

I will have lots more stuff to do with regard to meeting Audubon and garnering their support. A very enthusiastic welcome call from SW Fla Audubon (of which we are members as of Wednesday last) came as well and our membership was announced at their board meeting last night, or Thursday night. I am copying everyone on stuff like this to keep from duplicating effort. At some point I will do updates as well but most info takes place like this and goes to the organization at large.

I appreciate your offer. Let me know how it goes. I will update after the meeting tomorrow.

Laurel

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi