View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

This is reposted from another forum:

It is very portable, the smallest housed camera that I've used in more than 30 years. I have only the one dive with the HD but a bunch with two of the WIDE cameras over many months. Both cameras are operated through pushing two buttons. Icons show up in a small LCD display. They can be a bit too small however the sequence is easily remembered in a short time taking care of that. The camera emits a beeping sound and light signal with changed settings. It was fairly faint with the WIDE, much louder in the HD. It takes a bit of getting used to but for the price and performance well worth the exercise in my opinion. They've made great strides in the HD in many areas, two big ones include power and memory. The battery for the HD is rated for 2.5 hours and charges in the camera via USB cable in short order. It can handle Class 4 to 6 SD cards up to 32 G, use of lower Class SD cards could cause recording problems. The WIDE is limited by shorter AAA MnH battery life and a max SD card cap of 2 G, (4 G with firmware upgrade). I used four of these on the shark dive. One in a chest mount, two on bottom anchors set at remote locations and one on the feeders helmet. I set them all up and activated them without too much trouble.

You should checkout some of the WIDE videos I have from scooter free diving this year. The resolution improves with the HD but the images are still pretty interesting, better in some ways that I receive from cameras that I own costing much more.

For the low cost and unusual performance, even with some slight loss of sharpness UW, I still like the GoPro HD a lot.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by mako781 View Post
Looks great actually...thinking about getting one.

Could you give me some more details on how it worked in the water, the buttons, etc? Was it extremely portable?

Would love to get some thoughts from a fellow diver....I would be using it for diving footage.

looking forward to seeing more of your footage!"

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/und...ml#post4918308

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi