View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
3. Don't be afraid to be a dick if needed. Get your point across!!!
Just wanted to clarify as I did say "if needed". Yes be polite and respectful, but if you feel your point isn't being taken seriously, then you might need to step it up.

What sucks is if you are the one to try and explain the rules to someone, and riders are off in the distance breaking these all over the place, then who looks like the dick??? Maybe that is the reason why folks are afraid to self police, and why self policing isn't as effective as it could be. Just something to think about.

I know I preach stuff to my students all the time, and in the same breath someone is off doing something completely crazy. I taught in the public schools, and rules don't really work if there is no punishment for those that break them.

Sure cops come out and pounce on one guy. But is that going to change the behavior of others??? Part of me believes nothing will change and eventually we WILL lose access, part of me hopes that we can change.

This I do know.....I can only control what I can do and others that work with me. Hopefully our actions will effect the sport in a positive way and we can only hope others will follow.

Be on the lookout for www.kitesafe.net a website solely dedicated to safer kiting and protecting access.