View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
I am hoping that they control the check point better this year. There must be a mark in the water and a staff on the beach. Riders should pass between the mark and the staff and NOT disboard as this can be dangerous and cause complications when 5-6 riders are coming in. The mark in the water needs to be at least 30 ft out from the low water line. This would allow riders to pass by quickly but also be recognized.
Yeah, I hear you, I had a hard time recognizing the check point and I live there. We're having a tough time coming up with a water mark, however. We tried to get some from the RedBull guys but the two they have in working order will be used by Neil ... the other 2 are leaking. Anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

We've tried various visuals this week, but none have worked, or given any kind of distinguishing visibility.

We did, however, come up with the idea of airhorns ... blasting airhorns at the kiters as they come by.

The Kiteboarding Club of Lynn University is being given extra credit if they show up and help, so we are hoping to have a lot of people on the beach helping out. (Kent, for old times sake, you will be required to circle around, thump your chest, and shout out your number a few times )

All suggestions welcome ... call me at 561-789-3737 or email me at stacey@bestkiteboarding.com.

Last edited by stacey; 12-06-2007 at 04:54 PM.