View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I like ikitesurf for real time wind and other resources. For forecasts, I find NWS pretty reliable for this area. They are predicting the following for the next few days:

Rest Of Tonight...East northeast winds 11 to 14 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.

Tuesday...East northeast winds 13 to 16 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Tuesday Night...East winds 13 to 16 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Isolated showers.

Wednesday...East northeast winds 13 to 16 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night...East winds 14 to 17 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet near shore and up to 3 to 5 feet in the gulf stream. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers through the night.

Thursday...East northeast winds 13 to 18 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.
Thursday Night...East northeast winds 13 to 18 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Friday...Northeast winds 14 to 17 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.
Friday Night...East northeast winds 14 to 17 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers after midnight.

From: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...fl&zmx=1&zmy=1

So, if 13 to 16 kts. is what you have in mind, it looks like you have a good shot at it. Winds are already up at this hour per ikitesurf realtime winds per the current forecast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpimp'n View Post
Ikite is calling for wind in Pompano tomorrow, can I trust it ?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi