View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 01:09 AM

48 hour Notice

There will be a 30 mile downwinder for those who think that they can not make it the whole 60 miles. The half-way point for that event/race will be at a place called Sebastian Beach Inn Restaurant (S.B.I) 7035 S. Highway A1A, Melbourne Beach, 321-728-4311. S.B.I is half-way from both directions, coming down from the north, or coming up from the south....

This will be the location for Our pre-party event on Friday night around 6ish or so...S.B.I. has good food and strong drinks, and it will be fun to see everyone that can make it...

The Start line with the wind direction they are forecasting will be at Cherie Down Park..that park is in Cocoa Beach on the corner of Ridgewood Ave and Washington Ave...The Finish line will be at the City Park at 17th E Causeway and A1A, in Vero Beach..There is a huge parking lot there, and the finish line will be on the beach, on the North side of the parking lot...

If you do the 60 mile part of the race, then you will need to make arrangements to get back to S.B.I. for the after party event..We will not be able to supply transportation...So bring a girlfriend, boyfriend, mom, dad, or just bring the whole family...

Be sure to bring a cell phone (water proof bag/phone) and some money (coins) to contact a ride from family members if you need a ride back, if you can't make the whole race...A1A will only be a block away from the beach at any given time...

It will be MANDATORY to contact me on my cell phone if you don't finish the Event....321-795-7626...Reason Why, So We will not have to send "Help/Rescue Crew" to find you...

There will be a Time Limit to this Event, and that will be discussed at the Skipper's Meeting...We are looking at least no more than 5 hours, then the race is over, time stops...

During the Skipper Meeting or even before, at the pre-party, if there are any questions, be sure to ask..If you want to ask before hand, feel free to contact me asap at 321-795-7626 or email me at info@kitetricity.com..

FYI, I am not god, and I am only going by what the forecast is telling me, just like you would, if you went out kiting for the day..We are looking at ikitesurf.com, wunderground.com, and other ones too.. So please not ask me "what the weather is going to do", "what you should do", etc.., just keep praying for the wind to hold, and then the Event/Race will be on, and you should be here...But I can help you with one thing for sure...Rule #1, ALWAYS bring ALL Your Kite Gear...lol...

***** Forecast as of 2/10/11 at 04:20 p.m on ikitesurf.com for the Cocoa Beach area, down to Vero Beach...North winds forecasted, with 14 to 17 mph winds...*****

A.J. Morgan